Due to construction on the Cumberland Avenue project, Neyland Drive is now one of the main detour routes for traffic and can no longer be closed to accommodate race events. The Pilot Fireball Moonlite Classic 5K Run/Walk and Firecracker Kids Mile will be running on a new course for 2015. KTC Staff and the Race Director have worked out and received approval from the various interested parties (KPD, City of Knoxville, University of Tennessee, UTPD, and KUB) for the new course. The course has been measured and the certification number should arrive before race day. The USATF number will be posted on the website as soon as it is available. Registration is open and we look forward to a record crowd this year!
The Fireball Classic on July 3rd is a unique race that has something for everyone. Starting at 9:00 pm, the late evening venue appeals to competitive racers, casual runners, walkers, kids, and those who just want to have a fun evening. Please note that the Firecracker Kids Mile begins at 8 pm. It's a great Knoxville tradition to begin this most patriotic holiday.
5k Registration and entry fees:
• Through 5/31: $20
• 6/1-6/30: $25
• 7/1: $30 during optional packet pick up at Dick’s Sporting Goods
• 7/2: $30 during optional packet pick up at Runners Market in Bearden
• 7/3 and Mail In - $30
30 (Note: All mail-in entries due by June 20 and no discounts apply to paper registrations)
Firecracker Kids Mile
• Online through June 30: $10
• 7/1, 7/2, and race day as well as mail-in registrations (Note: all mail-in registrations due by June 20):
• KTC $5 member discount applies for online pre-registration only
• All mail-in registrations must be postmarked by June 20
• $2.50 from each registration goes to benefit The Autism Society of East Tennessee.
Many volunteers are needed to make this race successful. Please consider volunteering and running or just volunteering. Follow the link to the left or on the RunSignUp page to register as a volunteer.
Averages: High 87 Low 66.
If past races are any indication, it will be a steamy evening, as typical late afternoon thundershowers are a good possibility.