KTC EXPO 10k / 5k
The EXPO 10,000/5k is more than a race: It is Knoxville's oldest and
most beloved community running event. In its thirty-seventh year, it is
truly a tradition. It is the only race that celebrates the family by having
mother/son, mother/daughter, father/son, father/daughter, wife/husband,
and three generations categories. It is the Knoxville Track Club's event
of the year.
Come join us at 8:00 am. on Saturday, May 23.
10k Registration and entry fees:
• Through 5/10: $35
• 5/11-5/21: $40
• Packet Pickup: $40
• Race Day: $50
5k Registration and entry fees:
• Through 5/10: $30
• 5/11-5/21: $35
• Packet Pickup: $35
• Race Day: $40
• Online registration closes 5/21/14 at 11:59 pm.
Additional late registration is available Friday from 10:00 - 6:00 pm
at Runners Market Bearden. Race day registration is available.
• KTC $5 member discount applies for pre-registration only
• All mail-in registrations must be postmarked by May 14
• $5 from each registration goes to benefit Second Harvest
Prize Money Structure (total purse $3500 - 10k Race ONLY!)
• 1st place Overall male and female: $300
• 2nd place Overall male and female: $250
• 3rd place Overall male and female: $200
• 1st place Masters male and female: $150
• 2nd place Masters male and female: $300
• 1st place Grandmasters male and female: $150
• 2nd place Grandmasters male and female: $100
• 1st place Senior Grandmasters male and female: $150
• 2nd place Senior Grandmasters male and female: $100
• 1st place Wheelchair: $150
• 2nd place Wheelchair: $100
Expo Route Turn by Turn
• Starts on Church St. just west of the Hall of Fame Dr. Intersection
• Church to Howard Baker to East Hill Ave. and turn right
• East Hill Ave. to S. Gay St. and turn left (Run facing traffic)
• S. Gay St. to E. Blount Ave. and turn right
• E. Blount Ave. to Henley St. and turn right
• Henley St. to Cumberland Ave. and turn right (Cumberland is one-way running opposite))
• Cumberland Ave. to State St. and turn right (State St. is one-way running opposite)
• State St. to E. Hill Ave. and turn left
• E. Hill Ave. to Hall of Fame Dr. and turn left
• Hall of Fame Dr. to Howard Baker Jr. Blvd. and turn right
• Finish beside the coliseum
NOTE: 10K repeats the same loop and finishes beside the coliseum (slightly past the 5K finish.)
NOTE: Runners run "with traffic" except E. Hill which runs against traffic both ways, and Cumberland and State, which run opposite the one-way direction.
Averages: High 80 Low 56.
Since its shift to the holiday weekend, EXPO is often our first taste
of racing in heat and humidity. Dress lightly and hydrate!