• Eligible athletes must be actively engaged in training and competition
with a reasonable (results based) expectation of competing at the National
and/or International level in Track & Field and/or Road Racing.
• Awards are $500.00 scholarships. Only ten awards are made per year.
• If ten awards are not given, any excess funds will roll into the
• Deadlines for applications are March 1 and September 1 for each
disbursement. Awards are made April 1 and October 1.
• Athletes must be United States citizen at time of application.
• Athletes may apply for scholarships only once per year.
• No more than 60% of all funds can be given to the majority gender
applying in a given year.
• Applications will be available on the KTC website, through the
University of Tennessee Development Office, and the University Track and
• Athletes not attached to a sponsor will be encouraged to wear a
KTC singlet and enter the event under the Knoxville Track Club .
• Athletes must be a resident of Knoxville, Tennessee or immediate
• Applications will be judged on merit of the essay and application
• Athletes are required to volunteer for at least one KTC event.
• Athletes must sign a media release.