KTC Message Board

This Message Board is provided by the Knoxville Track Club (KTC) as a service to the local running community. Its purpose is to provide a forum for the discussion of ideas pertaining to running and related fitness activities. Ideas expressed here are those of the individual posters and do not reflect policies or opinions of the KTC. Readers of this forum should use their own judgment in determining the appropriateness/accuracy of any posting. The KTC reserves the right to delete any message that strays too far from the intended purpose of the Message Board or is deemed inappropriate by the moderators.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rocket City Marathon
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:56 pm 

As flat a course as you'll find. There are about 100 turns, but about 200 volunteers so you can't get lost. Liquid about every 2 miles. Not the most exciting course in the world, but a PR course if you train for it. The people who put it on are great, the cops are nice, and where there are crowds they yell a lot.

Two of the three times I've run it, including this year, I've driven down in the morning, run the race, and returned home. It's about a 3:15 drive there. There is a pool right next to the venue where you can shower before the trip home. I've seen KTCers there each year I've done it, which is always nice.

Post-race feeding isn't great unless you're totally into sugar. This year's shirt, long-sleeve Nike dri-release with a small, modest logo, was the best race shirt I've ever received. Hopefully they'll keep to that standard as some of the past years have been less than desireable.

Bottom line for me - I'll continue to run this race.